Donald replied

248 weeks ago

Eurobricks Vassals

18 posts
Posted October 11, 2018
Hi folks,

after finishing our first little project (Claas Xerion - the build took my 2 year old son and me 4 weeks), we are making ourselves a nice christmas present and get the 42043 MB Arocs. I am excited about the idea to have a remote controlled truck but I really think that the PF IR technology is more than dated. I see that Lego seems to come up with a new system in the future but there are also a few third party alternatives like Sbrick and BuWizz.

My question is:

What useful alternatives are out there to the usual PF Remote controllers and batteries and what are the advantages/disadvantages? Is there a thread I didn't see yet? And is it possible to couple a classic remote control with an Sbrick or BuWizz or whatever?

thomas L charles replied

248 weeks ago

I had to agree to the lengthy new terms of service and privacy policy before I was allowed to enter the site and then got a "General Error" message for everything I tried to do next! I'm having nightmare flashbacks of the V.I.P. Reward Centre re-vamp that locked me out for three months…

PRICE replied

248 weeks ago

I can fully understand why LEGO are preventing sales of IP protected material. It's just far too grey, legally. There are other places to sell them, and those sites will likely see a rise in traffic as a result. I suspect they'll have more plans than just the removal of features we like though.

The main change I want (aside from the ability to bulk order a batch of rare pieces to be remade) is for them to get rid of the daily maintenance downtime. So many times I've been working through inventories or researching things, only to have to stop part for 10 minutes while they do whatever they do.

landsideicy replied

248 weeks ago

Sorry if this is a stupid question: Is there any reason not to sign the new Terms of Service etc? English is not my first language and I only understand a fraction of it. That's why I am not sure of whether or not to sign it. I have a Bricklink Store to sell surplus parts and small sets I have extras of and of course to buy parts for MOCs. Now I cannot sign in to even close my store over Xmas but my stuff is still offered. What if someone places an order while I can't sign in? Thank you!

PARKER replied

248 weeks ago

I agree, it's disturbing that the new terms of service set Bricklink (but Lego itself by extension) as the arbiter/gatekeeper of what is and is not "important to the Lego fan community" when in fact Bricklink was originally built by fans, for fans. These moves are understandable from a narrow legal perspective, which is exactly why everyone was so worried when the acquisition was announced - because it was easy to imagine changes like this coming. It smacks of bad faith for Lego to buy the largest fan marketplace and then immediately delegitimize niche groups of adult fans by banning their contributions from the marketplace.

Donald replied

248 weeks ago

So, reading between the lines, if it was only released on a PAB wall, not in a set, it's not going to be allowed on BL any more. Kind of glad I bought a few parts when I did now that they can't be sold on BL, now to wait & hope someone else creates a new market where stuff like chrome bricks & non-set released parts becomes available.

thomas L charles replied

248 weeks ago

Setting maximum & minimum prices sellers can charge for items? Banning the sale of Polybags? Requiring sellers to upload purchase receipts for all stock? Banning the sale of GWPs? Blacklisting sellers that have more stock of a set than TLG allows to purchase on S@H? Banning the sale of Event Exclusives? Requiring sellers to pay a direct percentage of their monthly profits to TLG for using the platform?

Jons Maradona replied

248 weeks ago

So this is my first LEGO kit that has more than a couple hundred pieces and let me tell you it took several days over a period of 2-3 weeks to complete it….once I was about 1/3 of the way in I got hooked and started spending more time on this Porsche 911 RSR replica. The interior is very cool and detailed with the different motor parts connected and you can see the pistons working as the car moves and the wheels turn based on what the steering wheel moves inside. The independent suspension definitely makes this car move and react to the smallest move. Both the kids loved seeing being built and would help here and there. The instruction booklet is around 300 pages but the final result is worth it.

If you want to know more details I would definitely recommend checking it out Lego Lepin
FreeVideosDownloader.net provides its users with an opportunity to download HD videos from various online platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Today, users don't have to spend time watching their favorite online videos because they can save them to their device for watching at any time without internet access.
Please log in to post a reply.